Dried noodle block
- – Wheat flour
- – Vegetable oil
- – Spices: Salt, sugar, monosodium glutamate…
- – Extracts [pork, egg-plant, soybean…]
- – Food coloring: from turmeric [cucurmin]
Dried vegetable package
- – Scallions, leek
- – Corn
- – Napa cabbage
- – Carrot
- – Mint
- – Spices: Salt, sugar, monosodium glutamate, pepper, garlic, chilli, …
- – Shrimp powder, chicken powder, pork powder, …
- – Refined oil
- – Extraction (extract) of flavors from vegetables, spices: onion, garlic, coriander, culantro, …
Ingredients used in instant noodle production
Categories and contents of ingredients allowed to be used in instant noodles are managed and regulated by the Ministry of Health, in accordance with the Circular “Guidance on the management of food additives” no.27/2012/TT-BYT and no.08/2015/TT-BYT.
Prior to market circulation, the quality of processed and packaged instant noodle products must be declared and certified by Vietnam Food Administration – Ministry of Health “Declaration of conformity with food safety regulations”.
In other words, instant noodle products whose conformity has been declared show the safety of the products, recognizing food additives used in the products fulfil the Regulations, ensuring consumers’ health.
List of products whose conformity with food safety regulations has been declared is publicly announced by Vietnam Food Administration on the website www.vfa.gov.vn
With the main ingredient is wheat flour, instant noodles have the role of providing energy (350kcal average for 1 packet of instant noodles 75g), and 3 groups of nutrients are protein (protein), lipid (fat) and carbohydrates.
Nutritional ingredients of a noodle pack (75g)