Are fried noodles or non-fried noodles safer?
First, instant noodles are categorized into 2 main types based on the differences in manufacturing process which are fried noodles and non-fried noodles.
Both fried noodles and non-fried noodles are steamed by steam prior to heat treatment to reduce moisture in dried noodle blocks, preventing bacteria from growing and ensuring that instant noodles can be preserved from 5 – 6 months.
+ Fried noodles: manufacturing process includes heat treatment stage by frying in oil, the moisture in dried noodle blocks after frying is about 2-6%
+ Non-fried noodles: manufacturing process does not include frying in oil, heat treatment by drying, the moisture in dried noodle blocks after drying is about 6-8%
Both non-fried noodles and fried noodles receive from the International Codex Technical committee the establishment of CODEX STAN 249-2006 standards, the Directorate for Standards, Metrology and Quality the issuance of TCVN 7879:2008.
Instant noodle products certified and announced as conforming to these standards are considered safe (non-toxic). Depending on preferences on noodle strands, flavours or cooking methods, users can select between fried noodles or non-dried noodles.
*Look up the Announcement of conformity & Certificate of announcement of compliance with Food Safety Regulations of the Ministry of Health – Vietnam Food Administration at: http://congbosanpham.vfa.gov.vn/
- Are containing plastic bowls-cups-trays of Acecook Vietnam’s instant noodles safe?
- Is Trans fat content in instant noodles really high
- Is eating instant noodles really harmful to kidney?
- What are the possibilities of accompanying seasoning packages of instant noodles to cause allergy?
- Are seasoning packages of instant noodles the same as soup powder packages in the market?
- What ingredients are in seasoning oil package of instant noodles
- Are plastic cups – bowls – trays containing Acecook Vietnam instant noodles safe?
- Do instant noodles cause heat or not?
- What are the differences between expensive and cheap instant noodles?
- Is it true that there are helminths/maggots inside instant noodle packages?